Saturday, 27 June 2009

Dawn comes too early

Thursday 25th June

Lost In Translation - Now the 4th film that I remember falling asleep during. Really dull, lots and lots of people being silent (expressing emotion without words whoa artsy) and sitting about or just wandering. That's not entertaining. You're disillusioned, big deal, do something! Maybe it needs rewatching to appreciate it but I hope I won't be doing that soon.

Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes - Spoof movies are hit/miss in parts, this manages some solid humour at points but the joke is a bit thin to last 90 minutes. Absurdity is funny yar. Alot like Airplane, and came before it too. Just remember it's a parody, it's intentionally stupid and meant to look cheap.

Hercules - Came out in 97 but has the charm of the old Disney films. James Woods is great as Hades (performance stands out I tell ya). Interesting story, cool approach and likeable musical numbers. Solid family film.

Friday 25th June

*Spaceballs - Mel Brooks film number 2 that I'd seen before and remembered being good. This one held up better though some of the humour tends to miss the mark for me. The scene where the villains have to find the heroes is brilliant though and one of my favourite ideas in comedy. Last 20 minutes are a bit weak but hey it has Bill Pullman, one of the top fictional American presidents.

Providing bed-time reading for folk since May 15th 09

The Count - 230!

No comments:

Post a Comment