Wednesday, 29 July 2009

I knew I'd forgot one

The last update should have included the film that I watched before Python on Sunday but somehow it slipped my mind when writing, so here we go. Also featuring the meager one film that I've managed to watch since

Sunday 26th July

The Italian Job - Slick Michael Kaine here, he should've been a Bond dang it. The humour here is a nice change of pace from nowadays stupid & 'OMG that's so crazy' humour (see The Hangover below) and it's a very fun film, great ending too. That Mini sequence is brilliant also.

Tuesday 28th July

The Hangover - Above I used this as an example, what I'm referring to there is how the laughs come from things such as a character not knowing how to pronouce 'retard' and waking up to find a tiger in your bathroom. The entire movie is basically lots of these jokes back to back, and I enjoyed it due to that, lots of laughs. But character development-wise, not really a focus here (though I did like the bit where Phil meets up with his wife again). Good funny flick though after repeated viewings I imagine the jokes would lose their edge and once that happens there isn't really anything else to fall back on here. Interesting soundtrack also, Wolfmother huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment