That goal of 300 movies, approaching the realm of physcial impossibility pretty soon.
Wednesday 22nd July
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory - Tim Burton went to see the 70's version, he liked the Wonka character and decided to rewrite him in his own way and make a film around him. And since he's Tim Burton he can get Johnny Depp and actually make money from it. That's how I assume this came about. Wonka's character is entertaining to watch here but everyone else is just along for the ride, being basically the same characters from the original film but with a modern Hollywood gloss. Very much relies on Depp here which isn't bad but a bit one dimensional and dissapointing.
Driving Miss Daisy - Charming story of friendship here, would watch again easily. The interactions between the two main characters are wonderful and the emotion they display is heartwarming. Nice family film.
Thursday 23rd July
I know that I watched two films today, my chat log with Claire confirms it, however I didn't mention what they were tsk.
Definitely Maybe - Ryan Reynolds, what a great guy. I liked the premise of the film (which is basically How I Met Your Mother, who turns out to be the mother?) but most of the characters weren't really anything worth liking in themselves (excepting Isla Fisher). It did drag on a bit and once the flashbacks end it seems to crawl towards the end. Funny in places, drags on, one 'awww' moment, pretty missable.
What the heck was the other film....aha, after 20 minutes I finally remember
The Little Mermaid - Yep never seen this before. Two great Disney songs in this film, the plot drives it forward and keeps things interesting. Big dramatic ending seemed a little overblown but hey, a fine Disney film (though teaching your daughters to leave behind their entire family and life because they see a pretty boy might not be the best message)
Friday 24th July
Halloween Resurrection - First twenty minutes up until that certain spoilerific point were solid, after that though it basically dropped down to generic slasher sequel standards (tits, bloody death, not much in the way of suspense at all). I say basically because they did try to be different with the having people watching on cameras trying to help those inside the house but that didn't really seem to matter too much. Weak.
Sunday 26th July
Monty Python And The Holy Grail - Ah tis great. Basically a bunch of sketches sewn together. Some great jokes, some weak ones but overall very enjoyable.What an ending too, wowza.
200. So to meet my targets for this month I need 50 films in 5 days.....estimates shall be readjusted methinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment