In this post Micky remembers films he watched a week ago.
Friday July 3rd
Birds Of America - Whoa it's Mathew Perry. Quirky dark (least I think that's dark?) comedy about family that is a bit dull in points and never really has any brilliant moments. Seemed more like 3 episodes of Six Feet Under than a film to be honest, or a pilot for a tv show. I'd watch a season of that.
Saturday July 4th
He's Just Not That Into You - I like that bartender guy, Justin Wong I think, he's cool. Continuing the theme of films seeming like tv shows here we have Sex and The City but with guys perspective too. Some likeable characters, different stories to help avoid any one getting too dull worked well, though none of them particularly strong besides the main two characters. Enjoyable watch, no reason to see again though (also predictable ending but his speech was good so meh)
Confessions Of A Shopoholic - Spellcheck says that's totally not a word. Misplaced girl in workplace so this is either Legally Blonde (but it wasn't a tv show dang) or Ugly Betty (except she's the pretty one here, I dunno I never watched it). I remember this having some funny moments in it, alot of stuff about shoes and clothes that didn't matter too much to me but I can understand what the message was and your typical love story. Call it a filler film, another basic film that doesn't do anything groundbreaking but hits the general mark it was aiming for.
Constantine - Neo fights the underworld. This is sort of a comic book movie but not really since Constantine in the comics was blonde, English and damned for a different reason. But hey wanna see Neo use a shotgun on demons? The ending confrontation was cool but overall a pretty lame movie, runs a bit long too.
Thursday July 9th
Blues Brothers - Awesome. Took about half an hour for me to warm up to this film but by the end it was brilliantly funny. And the music was awesome, and the celebrities cameos whoa! And holy crap it's Princess Leia! Quotable, absurd, stylish, it rocks.
Sunday July 12th
Ice Age - CGI talking animal movie, mismatched characters drawn together by a goal go on a trip. Yes yes it's been done, the execution is what's important and these characters are likeable and funny. Great interactions between them and this is a fine film. Also Diego is a cool name. Great fun movie I would show my kids.
When Harry Met Sally - Holy crap it's Princess Leia, again! Billy Crystal carries this movie for the first half hour but after that it gets a bit more even. The evolving relationship between the characters is entertaining to see and builds towards an ending that I knew was coming since it's so famous (damn Scrubs) but still fitting and satisfactory (though I preferred barguy's speech in He's Not That Into You personally...). Snappy dialogue, this is a well written film. The hell is up with Meg Ryan's giant hair though?
Countwise I dunno but it sure isn't where I want it to be
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment