Sunday, 19 July 2009

Operating system healthy once again

Ok so let's see what we got, possible that I've forgetten one or two but ah well serves me right for not updating

Monday 13th July

Billy Madison - The weakest of the Adam Sandler movies that I can think of. Lot of stupidness in it, some gems (Steve Buscemi springs to mind) but drags after the first hour.

Tuesday 14th July

I, Robot - I like Will Smith. However I have no interest in his shoes (why so important?). Found this entertaining though once the twist happens it gets a bit dumb with the action. Good for at least one watch.

Wednesday 15th July

Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - This was really good. Plot was really engrossing and I actually wanted to see what happened next, the accents and slang get it a few points too. Very funny and cool.

Thursday 16th July

Heist - Fell asleep during this zzz. Has dialog that seems like it thinks it's witty, a dull plot, Danny DeVito punching a woman. This all adds up to a bad film I found. It just wasn't good.

Friday 17th July

The Breakfast Club - Like I said on Twitter, they don't even eat breakfast together. Easy to watch, things move at a solid pace to avoid boredom and has fun character interaction. Maybe not the best acting in the world but meh, he's the son of Martin Sheen best fictional president ever so he get's a pass.

Saturday 18th July

King Of New York - CHRISTOPHER WALKEN. In this movie he dances and punches Wesley Snipes. Some other stuff happens but really those are the best bits (seriously he takes it to Blade). Seemed like the script couldn't decide to make him people's champion or outright killer by the end, all seemed to drop off after first half an hour really.

Borat - The guy who speaks funny joke gets old but some of this was awesome (bear + ice-cream truck). Good lines from the Americans getting interviewed too. I wonder how awkward it was for people to see that prolonged hotel fight on the massive cinema screen. Some good laughs yep.

Little Shop Of Horrors - Brilliant. It's a musical yep but it has cool tongue-in-cheek humour songs, a great cast (Steve Martin, what an entrance he makes) and is just very entertaining. And that woman has such a cute voice.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - I had seen bits of the Johnny Cash film that this heavily spoofs, this goes on for a bit with it's concept (2hrs), that same kind of humour found in Step-Brothers and Ballad Of Ricky Bobby (which makes sense since it's that guy John C.Reily again, maybe Judd Apatow again too?). Unlike those this has another factor in that it has some music that doesn't suck to listen to at all, great effort on the songs. Pretty funny film but I'd prefer to watch clips of it on youtube than go through it all again.

Film of the update: Between Little Shop Of Horrors and Lock Stock, I give it to Lock Stock for just being stylish.

208 methinks, well damn

No comments:

Post a Comment